Speaker: Pastor Everett Spence
Sermon Title: Snake on a Stick
Main Text: Numbers 21:4-9
- Murmuring and complaining is what got the children of Israel in trouble.
- It was their murmuring and complaining, sin, and disobedience that took them into the wilderness in the first place.
- Why did God place the bronze, fiery serpent on a pole?
- God used this situation as an opportunity to illustrate salvation that would come through Jesus Christ some 1423 years later.
- God was tying the past, present, and future events all together to form a picture of our salvation.
- Everything lost in the garden was restored in the cross.
- Is there a way Jesus can be lifted up, or exalted, from the earth so He can draw people to Himself?
- Yes, we can lift, or exalt, Him every day of our lives—by our lives.